Q: What is Lorum Ipsum? I’ve heard you talk about websites, and you’ve mentioned that Lorum Ipsum text can hurt your online reputation. What exactly is that, and what does it mean.
A: Simply put, Lorum Ipsum is placeholder content. It’s designed to illustrate where copy and content can be placed on your website (or any other marketing piece). Although your copy (the written part of all marketing messages) is equally important as your web design and web strategy, many people treat their content as an afterthought. I’ve actually seen people publish their sites with Lorum Ipsum content instead of replacing it with their services, offers, and important information about the business. Here’s some interesting information about the origins of Lorum Ipsum.
Leaving placeholder copy on your website when you go live can damage your online reputation and digital footprint. Your website is the welcome mat to the world for your business. So, you’ll want to make sure several elements are in place before you publish your site. Hopefully, you’re working with pros who can help guide you along.
QUICK TIPS TO REVIEW BEFORE PUBLISHING YOUR WEBSITE
Here are some tips to help you maximize the impact of your website.
- Be clear about your overall website strategy AND your individual page strategy (every page should have its own strategy)
- Write into your revenue streams (clear goals, objectives, and projections are key)
- Use the values-based “Challenge. Solution. Invitation.” communication framework to write effective copy and magnetize your ideal clients (speak to possibilities and PASSION points, not pain points.
- Invest in a proofreader to review your copy after your content is written (a fresh set of eyes will always catch something even the most seasoned copywriters, and you might miss)
- Consider a Manyon Marketing WebMakeover to help you review your site strategy and content once you’ve published the site (this powerful process can help ensure your website is really working for you)
Often we are WAY too close to our business message and strategy, and that’s why it’s important to have trusted advisors on your team. How are you leveraging your website to magnetize your ideal clients? I invite you to share your website link and business information in the comments here.