• Aspire Magazine April/May 2012If you’ve ever felt like something is “off” when creating your marketing messages you’ll want to check this out.   You see the marketing and copywriting formulas that are being taught need an update. There are certainly some tried and true approaches that work. There are also some age old formulas that need to be replaced.  I’ve touched on this and I’m offering you a new way that feels better.

The feature article that I wrote for Aspire Magazine titled  Find Your Voice: The New Marketing Model for Success is Here! is getting GREAT response and I couldn’t be more proud. You see even though I’ve studied with some of the very best marketers and copywriters in the business over the years, I’ve always felt that some marketing techniques are missing the mark. I’m attracting some great opportunities for exposure including radio interviews and more.  In my article I share a little more of my own story and my philosophies and formulas that are working — especially for heart-centered entrepreneurs (which by the way just means you have a big mission and you’re doing business with heart).

You see for me the “Problem. Agitate. Solve” formula never really resonated and that’s true for many others, too.  How do you feel about it? What thoughts do you have on the matter? I really want to know so I’m asking you to take a moment to read the full article in Aspire Magazine here (You don’t have to opt in — just click on the cover to enlarge and if you feel like, please share it on social media and I’d appreciate that.)

You’ll be especially interested if you…

• Have a BIG MISSION but struggle to share it in a way that doesn’t feel “icky”, salesy or too pushy?
    • Want to truly connect with your audience in a way that is authentic to you while still getting the results your business needs.(It is possible when you find your voice.)
    • Feel like an outsider when you try to fit into the traditional “masculine” methods of marketing your business. (It’s something many conscious entrepreneurs struggle with.)
    • Are tired of trying the cookie-cutter marketing methods that do not reflect your values or your authentic voice.
    • Are ready to discover how to find your voice and truly make a difference so you can serve more people  It’s time for change. Wouldn’t you agree?

I’ll be in touch soon with more juicy info about the program I’m creating. I’d really love to hear your responses to my article. Please click on this link , share your thoughts and help spread the word. My friend and colleague Linda Joy publishes Aspire Magazine and it’s a top notch publication. You’ll  also enjoy articles from thought leaders like Shakti Gawain (love her work and have been following what she does for years — you’ll enjoy the excerpt from her book Living in the Light), Andrew Cohen founder of EnlightenNext magazine and more.

Oh, and here’s a quick marketing tip: Did you know that commenting on posts on other blogs can also increase your visibility and search engine rankings?… Just saying.   Please leave your comments below.

18 responses to “Does marketing make you uncomfortable? …”

I really think you’re on to something with your “new model” of structuring copy, Lisa. Proud of you!

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your support. I believe my mentor and colleague Ali Brown might have mentioned something about stepping into a leadership role. 🙂 I think I’m on to something as well and it feels good to finally, clearly articulate what I’ve been feeling and seeing for years.

2. Lisa, you are so right on or should I say Write On!? I am one of those heart centered entrepreneur’s and none of the traditional marketing let alone sales driven methods of speaking to my clients are what jives with me at all! Thank goodness you are out there speaking up and helping us communicate from our authentic voices that make a difference!

Hi Sheila,

Thanks for your support. Look for more of my philosophies to come. We have been being taught techniques that are supposed to be truth yet they don’t feel right. That means they are not truth. There is a better way that feels right and has good intentions. I’m so excited to be the conduit for this important message.

• Jan Deelstra says:

As I read the comments I’m compelled to leave one too. Until recently, I was content to write the books, share the experiences, and facilitate a spiritual gestalt group or two, consult a few clients, and go on about the process of living life. Now it seems the dynamics have shifted with the expansion of social media, and those of us who have been broadcasting from the heart are finding that we need to become master marketers in order to get our message out. Gone are the days when books sold at the back of the room, and in-person word-of-mouth were viable means of selling our brainchildren. Even a website and blog are not enough. Now we either hire professional copywriters to do the talking for us, or we risk having our authentic voices silenced by the frenzy. It’s all perfect…especially for those who write hyper-copy. Hopefully, writeoncreate is truly authentic in the positive direction it appears to face. And still I am overwhelmed by having so little time left to hear other kindred voices, and to promote the gifts I share. My issue is not whether I am “ready to discover how to find your voice and truly make a difference so you can serve more people.” My issue is keeping my authentic voice, and still serving “more people.” If this is the place, I am thrilled to have found you.

Jan,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Books are still a great way to share your message and there are now ways to do that electronically, too. I don’t think we can blame technology for losing our voice and not being heard. We simply need to be REALLY clear about who we are meant to serve and find creative ways to reach them. My guess is your ideal clients have similar thoughts to yours… perhaps they’d welcome a quiet gathering in a bookstore to enjoy coffee and conversation? Word of mouth is also quite relevant. Although I have a strong web presence most of my clients come from referral (word of mouth from satisfied clients). AND as I’m owning my voice and stepping up as a thought leader regarding marketing and copywriting formulas I’m attracting more of the right people. So, rediscover your voice and use it in unique ways that feel right to you. Yes, technology can seem overwhelming and there are ways to get around that.

3. Great stuff, Lisa! Looking forward to see what’s coming next!! 🙂 Love, Katherine.

4. Lisa
      The “Problem. Agitate. Solve” formula never really resonated with me and I love your new approach and look forward to seeing what’s next! Good for you for being a leader in this arena! woo hoo! I’m excited for you!

Trudy,

You are not alone. That formula is manipulative and it turns people off. My new marketing model for success that highlights the softer approach of “Challenge. Invitation. Solution.” is resonating with the right. I’ve been told that it’s actually restoring hope to those who thought the old way was the only way to market. It’s totally possible to be in true alignment with your values and mission and create marketing messages with integrity and intend to show people how. 🙂

How exciting Lisa! Looking forward to seeing your new program. You go girl!!!

Kiyla Fenell

Kiyla,

Thanks for the support I just finished part 1 last night and I must say – IT ROCKS. This is coming from my heart and a source much bigger than me so I know it’s timely and true.

You are leading the effort in becoming the champion of this new way to market. Excellent!

Mitch

Thanks Mitch,

Someone had to speak up and apparently that someone is me. It’s time to change the way marketing is being taught. It doesn’t have to be manipulative.

You are appreciated.

7. Lisa,

I was planning to breeze right by your blog without commenting until I read the last paragraph where it said that leaving this comment would help my ranking… I thought to myself – rock on then I’m commenting!!! Actually I think your material is genius and I like the new perspective to marketing you pointed out. I was planning to comment anyways – Write On!!!

Dr. Robert Fenell
      Founder & CEO, Chiropractic Hand & Foot Clinics Of America

Dr. Bob,

Thanks. Your post made me laugh out loud. I love your sense of humor and so appreciate your support. This is a BIG topic and it’s so important. It’s to to unlearn the old way of doing things and step into a place of true service.

8. Lisa – It is wonderful to see you sharing your message in this way – your approach truly helps women entrepreneurs find and use their voice to create an impact and make a different with integrity and finesse. I know we’ve talked about this quite a bit over the years … and you’re right, the old model is broken. Women don’t want/need to be agitated any more than they already are with a problem!!

Congrats on much success with the article!

Jennifer Bourn, Bourn Creative
      Transforming Businesses into Extraordinary Brands with Websites That Work When You’re Not Working.

Thanks Jennifer,

I am so thrilled that this is resonating with so many. You are so correct we (women, especially) don’t need to be agitated to make a purchasing decision. AND it’s time marketers realize that women are making or influencing 85% of purchasing decisions… it’s probably time to start speaking our language. 🙂 These stats have been around for YEARS and yet they’ve been ignored by the masses. It amazes me and I’m glad to make a difference.