Your website is one of your most powerful marketing tools. If it isn’t building relationships, getting clients and making money there really isn’t a reason to have an online presence. At the same time having a website is not all it takes to succeed online. When creating an online presence there are three foundational marketing pieces that I recommend.
These core components are essential to creating a successful marketing plan and succeeding online. I’ve found that having just one of these in place is not enough.#Copy + #Content #Strategy + #Publicity Plan = Success Click To Tweet
1) Your Copywriting Action Plan determines what you need to write. It’s where you outline the content you need and plan the creation of your content (you’ll also want to be familiar with copywriting tips and techniques to truly connect with your ideal clients).
2) Your Content Strategy Plan (this is how you’ll strategically use your copy to reach your business goals and create your Internet marketing editorial calendar and beyond).
3) Your Publicity Plan (or a press release strategy and this should be a regular part of your efforts not a fly-by-night – hit or miss attempt) to help you spread your word and get the recognition you deserve. BUT, before you’re ready to move beyond the big picture of your Copywriting Action Plan to create your Content Strategy Plan and ultimately your Publicity Plan, you’ll need to make sure your website is REALLY working for you.
There are three ways your website can really become a money making machine and success hinges on the clarity of your copy and strategy.
1. Create a clear pathway to build relationships online ( Hint: If you are not requesting that your website visitors take action, chances are you have a static, brochure relationship and that’s a waste of money).
2. Get clients by continuing the relationship online so they know, like and trust you and move on to the next step.(Hint: make sure you have a clear strategy in place for continued communication and added value).
3. Connect with clients so they’ll invest in your products and services and you’ll ultimately make money (Hint: provide high value content and information and clearly tell people how they can work with you).
If your website is missing any of the three foundations to a functional website it’s time to carefully review your web flow and your copy. Often coaches, speakers, authors and entrepreneurial women need copy, have copy that needs help or you want a DIY (do it yourself ) quick fix. For solutions click here