When writing marketing, advertising and promotional copy, there are specific formulas to increase response and effectiveness. These 9 elements to help your copy connect with your ideal customers will be helpful the next time you write copy.
Since your copy truly is the secret to sales success it’s important to familiarize yourself with the formula even if you aren’t writing long copy. Here’s why: There is a psychological process that readers go through regardless of copy length and regardless of reading preference ie: analytical reader who dives into all the copy or scanner who glances at the key points and quickly makes a buying decisions.
Knowing the formula for creating a sales letter will help you connect with your ideal client. Regardless of the length of your copy you can incorporate the basic formula to ensure you’re providing all the information your customers need to make a sound decision about investing in your products and services.
The reason understanding sales letter copy is extremely important is not only because it follows a specific formula for success – it also allows you to infuse your own voice into a proven method for authentically connecting with consumers.9 Elements to help your #copy connect with your ideal clients #copywriting Click To Tweet
The formula gives you a solid roadmap to success once you dig in and pay attention. The basic elements follow:
- Attention grabbing headline that is customer centered
- An opening that includes interesting facts and stories to further connect you with your ideal customers/clients
- Features to explain what your product is all about
- Benefits to demonstrate how life will be better with your product or service
- Testimonials to provide social proof of your claims
- An offer that showcases everything your customer receives for their investment.
- A call to action so your ideal customer takes the next step towards doing business with you or investing in your product or service.
- Add a P.S. to pull it all together and reiterate your offer
- Include captions under your pictures when applicable
It’s a little more complicated than it sounds, especially if you’re not wild about writing copy in the first place, but you get the idea. And, when you wrap your mind around this formula it’s much easier to create copy that works.
There are also specific sections of copy that are the most read.
The first thing the majority of readers absorb is your headline. So, you’ll want to make that punchy and customer-centric. The second most read portion of copy is your P.S. So, make sure you include the details of your offer to capture the scanners. Finally, the third most read portion of copy is the captions under pictures.
Here are more tips about copywriting and double readership path (this is important when appealing to scanners).
Now that you have the formula, this information allows you to craft compelling copy to truly connect with your ideal market.
Take a moment to review your marketing materials today?
Does your copy incorporate the formula for sales success?
What can you do to make your message more authentic?
Claim your complimentary Copywriting Action Plan to improve your copy here.