Marketing is like a puzzle. If you’re missing certain pieces, it won’t work like it should.
Marketing is also like a staircase. When you miss a step, you can stumble and fall.
To ensure marketing success it’s important that you have all of the right pieces of the puzzle to support your efforts. It’s equally as important that you’re taking the right steps to ensure success.
The exact steps I recommend when planning for your marketing success include:
- Identify what you need to write. I’ve created the Copywriting Action Plan to help you write better copy and identify what you need to write so you can start planning your content. (This is my free gift to you when you join the Write On Creative Community).
- Learn how to craft copy in your own voice so you can create messages that connect with your prime prospects. It’s also important to understand the basics of copywriting so you can hire the right person/people to support your efforts when you decide to outsource.
- Create a strong online presence with a clear and compelling website (it’s all about leveraging your time and talents and an effective website can help make that happen).
- Develop a Content Strategy Plan. This is your Internet editorial calendar to help guide all of your marketing efforts in accordance to your goals. The content strategy plan process is recommended only when you are web-ready (You don’t want to drive traffic to your site if it’s not doing its job).
- Monitor your results. This is where you roll up your sleeves with a trusted partner to review your offerings via a Marketing Audit or you schedule one-on-one time with your mentor and coach of choice to review your BIG picture vision and make sure you are reverse engineering your marketing efforts to support this vision. More often than not you’ll need to course correct and it’s important to have trusted advisers who can help.
Marketing your business is an ongoing responsibility. Do what it takes to ensure your success – and success is largely a matter of actually implementing your plan.
Do you have all of the pieces of your marketing puzzle in place?
Are you taking the RIGHT steps to ensure success?
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Share your most effective steps to marketing success in the comment section here to keep the conversation going.
25 Responses to “5 Steps to Marketing Success”
Leave a Reply
- Sue Painter (1)