As an entrepreneur or business owner you have many roles. Not only do you have to make your magic, you have to market your magic and before any of that can happen you have to have a solid foundation for success. This includes carefully looking at where you have been, where you are now and where you are going (or where you want to be).
Here are three key questions you’ll want to be very clear about.
• What’s your BIG PICTURE vision?
• What you have accomplished so far and are your results really supporting your big vision?
• Are you meeting projections or does something need to change?
To help you dig a little deeper with the process I’m sharing 7 HOT business strategy tips. These are not NEW but they are tried and true.
1) Identity your BIG stretch goal and what it’s going to take you to get there. I always recommend starting with big picture perspective and reverse engineering with tangible action steps to make your dream or goal a reality. What is your BIG stretch goal? Are you ready to move from dreaming to doing?
2) Review your revenue streams (All of them and maybe even create new focus). This includes strategic referral partners or as I often call them preferred referral partners. Map it all out and review to assess what’s working and what’s not working. Is it time to eliminate an offering or maybe add a new offering?
3) Identify your dream team (Or re-evaluate key players) to help you reach your ultimate stretch goal and start building relationships to make it happen. Do you need new team members? Can current team members be re-energized or trained to meet new expectations and goals?
4) Contact your CPA or bookkeeper to ask about smart business investments for tax write off purposes before the end of the year (this can include consulting, copy, strategy and more). Here’s an informative article from my bookkeeper to give you some food for (tax write-off) thought. Click here to get some business investment tips.
5) Have a plan and make sure you’re clear about your values, vision, mission and marketing message (personally and professionally) and that you BELIEVE in your plan. Is it time to revisit your values? Are your personal and professional mission statements based on your core values?
6) Take action — consistently — beyond belief, action IS required. Remember that you need to have a plan for each of your revenues streams and you must be taking consistent action towards reaching those goals. What’s one thing you can do today to move you closer to your goals?
7) Course correct if it’s not working and get the help you need to create a plan and strategy that does work. Let’s face it, not everything you do is serving you, your business and your ideal clients. Assess this carefully and change the plan as necessary. Have you fully reviewed your goals, projections and team? What is bringing your business the most return on investment?
By reviewing where you’ve been, where you are and where you’re going you’ll be able to create a solid foundation for success and get very clear on your BIG PICTURE vision. Planning and strategy are vital to your success. To receive savvy marketing insights and helpful articles like this, be sure you’re a member of the Write On Creative Community. It’s free and you can sign up here. You can also explore ways we can work together here.