India

India Arie at the Aladdin Theater in Portland

I want you to REALLY think about this.

Are you living the life you’ve always dreamed of (or is something — maybe even YOU– holding you back)?

Recently I attended an India Arie concert (she’s one of my all-time favorite performers). This was the second concert of her new tour after a four-year hiatus. Her music touches my soul and as she shared her story of changing direction because she had been working on a project that didn’t speak to her truth, my wheels started turning.

Her comments made me realize that we all have to make tough decisions (sometimes that means letting go of what no longer serves us to do what really fills us up). It also made me realize that it’s OK to change course and get really clear about our truth (and what’s true for you might not be what is true for everyone else).

• What is your truth?
• Are you being true to you?
• Do you know what’s next?

I know that my light is meant to shine brighter. Do you feel this way about your life and work? I invite you to take a moment and listen to India’s song “I am Light”. Click on the this link to play

I’d love to hear about YOUR truth? What are you going to do with your light?

Lisa Manyon is "The Business Marketing Architect" a content and copywriting strategist for mission-driven entrepreneurs. She's the creator of the NEW marketing model for success (as seen in Inc. Magazine) that's changing the way people market today. She specializes in powerfully communicating your marketing message to increase results via Manyon Marketing Web Makeovers, website copy packages and content strategies to effectively market your business. She offers a free Copywriting Action Plan and marketing resources on her award winning blog www.writeoncreative.com/blog

15 Responses to “Inspiration from India Arie”

I didn’t realize that Arie lives in Atlanta. Her music reminds me of some of the music and chanting I used to hear at Omega Institute in the summers. Thanks for sharing. And I agree, we each have to plan our work according to our own lights.
    Sue Painter recently posted..Baseball and Business – 3 Big Ways To Coach Yourself to Small Business SuccessMy Profile

2. I agree …it’s OK to change course and get really clear about our truth!

3. Thanks for sharing her music Lisa! It’s great to find inspiration from so many sources.
    Mary Ellen Miller recently posted..Video Tips for a YouTube WorldMy Profile

4. Wow! This seems to be the theme of the week!!

A year ago, I wrote a book that I knew would transform lives, I didn’t realize my own life would be one of them.

As I read my own book, I realized I could not waste another moment not living the life I’ve always dreamed of. So, I jumped into living a life centered around singing and music. And, what a great whirlwind this year has been already!!

I think this is crucial.

Why waste a SINGLE moment living something other than the life that makes your heart sing with joy???

Katherine

Katherine C. H. E.
    Author, Be True Rich

P.S. LOVE India Arie, and she’s a sweet person, too!
    Katherine C. H. E. recently posted..Lessons We Can Learn from My Son, the Natural EntrepreneurMy Profile

Katherine,
      I love that you followed your heart and that your own work transformed YOUR life. I believe that our work is meant to teach us how to fully live our lives while inspiring others to do the same.

5. I can definitely relate. I feel like am always growing and transforming to find the best fit for me. Life’s too short to waste anytime doing something that isn’t perfectly in alignment.
    Tiffany deSilva recently posted..What NOT to Do in Your BusinessMy Profile

Tiffany,
      We are blessed to realize this. Too many people are still caught on the “hamster wheel” of programming that doesn’t really serve them.

6. Jessica says:

You shine so brightly Lisa, any brighter and we’d all be blinded. I live my truth in many ways, and if there’s something that doesn’t feel right, I know I have the choice and ability to change it.
    Jessica recently posted..DATE 13 NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: GETTING PREHISTORIC WITH LARRYMy Profile

Jessica,
      Thanks so much for the kind words. Yes, I love the we can each course correct as needed. We are truly blessed to understand this and take action when needed.

More than ever the majority of people never stop and think about this topic. It is so sad. Between devices
    such as cell phones, smart phones, ipads, ipods, laptops,
    GPS and more on top of being ‘busy’ the time to reflect
    never takes place.
    Mitch Tublin recently posted..Unwinding to Achieve SuccessMy Profile

8. What beautiful music. I think that as we go through life our needs change and our inner truth may also change. It’s good to have a plan but also to be flexible and open to new truths and new directions.
    Mira Dessy, Nutrition Educator and Real Food Advocate recently posted..Comment on my microwave is broken by angelaminelliMy Profile

9. I have never heard of India before so thanks for the introduction to her music. I so agree that we should be stepping into and living our bigger vision of our life and would like to share a resource to assist readers to do that called “Four Powerful Ways to Live Your Uniqueness” downloadable here: http://www.uqpower.com.au/resources
    Be Unique!
    Heidi Alexandra

Heidi,
      I love that your work supports the bigger vision. I am a big supporter of starting with the BIG PICTURE and then reverse engineering to create a plan based on tangible action steps to get results.