As we step into new territory planning becomes more important than ever. So do strategy and implementation. Often we are so close to our own business vision that we forget how important it is to get outside perspective to move us forward and encourage our growth. Your ability to finish strong with planning, strategy and implementation increases with collaboration.
I hope you’re one of the savvy people who have BIG plans to finish strong as this year comes to a close. Although the holidays can sidetrack us, now is a great time to evaluate where you are, where you’ve been and where you’re going. This includes reviewing projections, making adjustments and creating a solid plan for success. Personally I’m working on revamping my website copy and creating my Content Strategy Plan for the New Year.
To help keep you motivated I’d like you to ponder these questions:
- What are your BIG plans?
- How are you going to make “IT” happen (whatever “IT” is for you)?
- What are you going to do to help more people?
- How are you going to invest in yourself and your business?
- Are you really clear about your vision?
It’s important to remember that in order to achieve our goals we need to be surrounded by people who truly support us and are like-minded. Even the most successful entrepreneurs experience challenges. The solution is to align yourself with people who have your best interest at heart, deliver high-level value and understand your growing pains (we all have them). Without this support being in business can be a very lonely journey and without the right support it’s more difficult to reach our goals. What are you going to do to invest in yourself?
Here are 5 truths about being successful in business.
- You must invest in yourself to create your own economy
- True entrepreneurs are risk takers who don’t always know exactly how things will turn out
- You must have deep passion for your work and know you have a BIG mission to help others (while making a profit)
- Without the support of a like-minded community or trusted friends and colleagues, you’ll likely remain stuck
- It takes money to make money and investments in your business are just that – investments – not expenses (often they are a tax write-off)
If you’re concerned about making investments now, consider how it can benefit you. Are you committed to turning your dreams into reality and sharing your true voice? If so, making the commitment to invest in your business now could be a potential tax advantage when you make the investment before the end of the year. Of course, you’ll want to check with your CPA to get the full scoop about how making investments now could be a tax advantage for you. So, why don’t you pick up the phone and have that conversation? Then, take action and make an investment in yourself and your business. Or not. The choice is yours but if you really want to succeed, you really need to take action.
If you’re feeling stuck be sure to get the support you need. You can visit www.writeoncreative.com to what Write On Creative offers or reach out to another trusted resource.