• Pick, Click and PayThere’s a lot of buzz about passive revenue, information products, and websites that really work. The truth of the matter is there really is NO passive revenue it’s all about LEVERAGED income.

If you have a website (and I sure hope you do) it’s important to consider creating “Pick, Click and Pay Packages.™”

Everything we create, develop and provide takes time and energy. AND even information products cost to deliver once they’re created (web hosting, shopping cart, admin, assistant fees, etc.). Often the people touting “passive revenue streams” don’t invite you to think about the time, energy and expense factor. So, even though there really is no passive revenue, you can streamline and leverage the process of offering your products and services online. In fact, your online success is really all about LEVERAGED income.

This happens by getting really clear on what I call “Pick, Click and Pay™” packages on the web. These are your offerings on your website that deliver a tangible result, provide a solution to the challenges of your ideal client, and ultimately help you turn prospects into paying customers or clients. Your “Pick, Click and Pay™” packages are the menu items your web visitors have to choose from. That’s why it’s vital to make sure the options are really clear. Let me illustrate…

GiftsAn example of my current “Pick, Click and Pay™” packages can be found here in my “I Need Copy” section of the Write On Creative Website. When you click the link you’ll find my Basic 5 Page Web Copy and Strategy Package is the first item on the menu. It clearly showcases what you’ll receive. You can easily “Pick, Click and Pay™” to get on my writing  and consulting calendar. This page also leads into higher level web strategy,  content strategy and marketing audit packages.

Prior to updating my strategy I had my “other copywriting options” listed below the Basic 5 Page Web Copy and Strategy package in case you were looking for something else like bio creation, landing pages, sales pages, articles, autoresponders and more. The ala cart method has worked well for me for many years and I recently streamlined the approach based on the needs of my ideal clients. AND based on the fact that I firmly believe your core website should be in place before you focus on other packages. That’s why I showcase my offerings that help provide a solid foundation for web success.

Instead of featuring all of my ala cart offerings (bio, landing pages, sales pages, autoresponders and more) I clearly lead people to the Basic 5 Page Web Copy and Strategy package. This makes the decision process easier and more clear for web visitors. (Remember a confused mind often says no.) It doesn’t mean I’ll stop providing my other ala cart solutions. It just means I won’t feature  them prominently on the site .  I’ve found that it’s more effective to focus on helping my ideal clients get their web presence up to par first. Once this is in place we can decide the next step  and often my other services are provided to preferred clients who have already done business with me.

Here are some action steps to help you get clear about your own “Pick, Click and Pay™” packages

1) Review your current offerings and make sure they are CLEAR. Remember what’s clear to you may not be clear to your prospects, and more importantly ideal clients. A confused mind says “no” — so make it easy to say “yes” to your offerings.
    2) Survey your community to see what they want and need.
    3) Make a list of what you have to offer and consider how you can repackage this to meet the needs of your customers and clients.

If you’re too close to your own offerings, you might consider a Manyon Marketing  Web Makeover that has been known to help my preferred clients repackage offerings, update headlines, streamline strategy, increase sales, double the number of opt in’s and more.

Are your prospects taking action and becoming paying customers? If not, it’s time to revisit and revamp what you’re doing. If you’re feeling stuck and need help consider solutions from Write On Creative. You’ll find solutions if you need copy, have copy that needs help or just want to do it yourself in the Copywriting Solutions section of my website.  You can also access your FREE Copywriting Action Plan to help you improve all of your marketing messages here.

16 responses to “Creating Pick, Click and Pay™ Packages on the Web for Leveraged Income”

I’m a definite lover of packages and the pick and pay routine. Good to hear about your new offerings, can’t wait to see them!

Thanks Sue,

With my 5 Page Web Copy Packages there is A LOT of coaching and consulting involved with increases value for my clients and work for me. People are asking for more and I’m ready to offer new solutions. It should roll out this week. Stay tuned.

2. Such great points about the truth of passive income – thank you!-)

3. I love this reminder Lisa about click and pay packages. I will be working on those this next year myself and I think you’ve brought up something that’s very important when it comes to letting a customer experience your knowledge/value at different price points and in a variety of ways. Thanks!

Sheila,

That’s a great project to tackle. Let me know if you get stuck and we’ll hop on the phone to discuss. As one of my preferred clients I’m happy to help you bring it all together.

4. Amen! You’re exactly right … there is no such thing as passive income :) Passive income takes ongoing work to market, promote, and sell! I’m a big fan of the pick and click packages … when it makes sense :)

I love that you incorporate these principles and strategies into your 5 page web copy packages too — when clients give us their website copy (and you wrote it), not only is it well thought out, but I always get new strategic ideas on presenting offers and calls to actions.

Jennifer Bourn, Bourn Creative

Jennifer,

Yes, there is a GREAT need for some truth out there. Selling “hope” is not enough. Tangible strategy and action steps build a real business.

Thanks for the kind words about my 5 Page Web Copy Packages … the strategy is a BIG piece of what I LOVE. I’ve learned people always underestimate what it takes to get a site up and running and the “good is good enough” theory just doesn’t work for me. I know you feel the same and that is why it’s such a joy to refer business to you and share so many wonderful clients.

5. So true: there is no passive revenue! I hear all too many entrepreneurs believing that just getting a website up with a list of their offerings will be the magic. Actually, I myself believed that several years ago, but it is not true. Successful entrepreneurs implement successful traffic-driving strategies. Love, Katherine. (Love “Click, pick, and pay” — great term!)

Thanks Katherine,

You are so correct. Strategy is KEY and that is exactly why I say Strategy is KING and Copy is QUEEN. Websites take more than an “if you build it they will come” attitude. Great websites take planning, strategy and JUICY copy with enticing “Pick, Click and Pay” options.

6. So true. Even though it can take a while to figure out what is the best ‘pick, click and pay’ option(s) to offer, it is well worth the time spent. Making it easy for people pays off.

7. Thanks Lisa – and I like that you give your offerings as an example for us to see how this works. Very nice!

Anytime someone is saying ‘passive revenue’ or ‘turn key profits’ it is clear to me they are selling fiction. People
      buy and think something magical will happen. Glad to see you lay out the facts.

9. Hi Lisa, I work with small business owner operators, helping them create valuable, saleable businesses…putting together packages is a strategy I recommend too. Nice work!
      Laura