It’s important to have a plan. After all, if you don’t know where you’re going, how are you going to get there? You might feel overwhelmed by all of the content you need to create to effectively market your business online especially when it comes to writing for the web. That’s common AND it doesn’t have to be difficult.
Once you have your web copy up to date and your website is truly ready to build relationships, attract your ideal clients and ultimately increase your income online, you’ll need to seriously consider your content, otherwise known as copy. When marketing online your copy is vital to your success. It’s how you’ll get new visitors to your website and give them an opportunity to decide if they want to do business with you. You must continually create new content to get noticed by search engines and help people find your website. Writing for the web can be fun and more profitable when you have a clear strategy (even if you don’t love to write).
There are two key elements to simplifying the process of writing for the web.
- The first way to simplify the process of creating copy to get more traffic to your website is to create your Copywriting Action Plan. Your Copywriting Action Plan helps you get clear on how to best connect with your ideal clients and identify the marketing materials you’ll need to do that. Once you’ve created and reviewed your Copywriting Action Plan and considered all of the copy you need to create, it’s time to create your Content Strategy Plan. You can read more about the importance of both in this previous blog post here and you can also get your FREE Copywriting Action Plan by following this link
- The second way to simplify the process of creating copy to get more traffic to your website is your Content Strategy Plan. Your Content Strategy Plan helps you determine what you’re going to share with and promote to your community throughout the year and then breaks it down into monthly themes that are the basis of your marketing messages including articles, blog posts, social media posts, videos and even potential promotional ideas including PR angles.Your Content Strategy Plan will ultimately help you be more productive, save time and increase your income. By having all of your content and themes planned for a a minimum of 90 days at a time (and ideally 12 months at a time) you’ll be able to create your copy (or delegate it to your copywriter) easily and that will help you continually drive traffic to your website by using fresh content.
When created properly your Content Strategy Plan will help you save time, money and create copy to get more traffic to your website. I’ve identified 11 ways your Content Strategy Plan can help your business (and there are many more).
Basically, having your Content Strategy Plan in place means:
- Your overall marketing theme is clearly defined to work with your sales goals and help you meet your projections
- The majority of your electronic newsletter or eZine copy can be created in advance so you can focus on working with clients while your fresh content is attracting new blog or website visitors
- You won’t have to search for blog topics you’ll have your blog topics clearly identified
- No more scrambling around at the last minute trying to decide what to write articles about because you have a customized Content Strategy Plan
- Video script ideas are right at your fingertips so there’s no excuse for being camera shy (remember search engines love video)
- Everything you create ties together to skillfully promote you and your services including web copy, social media, PR, blog posts and more
- You’re continually offering solutions to your customers problems with your marketing materials because you have a strategic plan to be of service and increase your income
- JV partnerships and other special promotions are planned in advance (making it easier to say “no” to opportunities that are not a good fit & identifying the big players who plan ahead just like you)
- A master plan to review, implement and adjust as necessary to ensure you’re reaching your goals
- Ideas to leverage your current relationships, build new relationships and stretch your own goals
- You are planning ahead so you can create more time and space for growth and you’re strategically writing for the web to get more traffic and ultimately serve more clients
If you have any questions about Content Strategy Plans, feel free to comment here or visit this link. And while you’re at it, imagine the peace of mind you’ll have once your Content Strategy Plan in place. 😉
Please note: This Write On Creative service is reserve for preferred clients unless you’re referred by a preferred referral partner. In that case, we’ll have a conversation to ensure we’re a good fit. To discover how you can become a preferred client visit www.writeoncreative.com