• The Foundation of business success is your word. Content is vital to the success of any marketing campaign. I’ve seen far too many businesses give their words less attention than they deserve and worse yet they don’t back up their words. Your business success depends on copy more than you might realize.

Your copy is your word. It represents everything about your company, products and services and it should uphold and represent your values, missions and goals.

It all begins with a thought, the inkling of an idea (this could be the start of your business, business plan, marketing plan or even publicity plan). When thoughts are put into writing, words turn ideas into action. IF it’s done right…
    With that being said, you better make sure your word is good AND that you follow through on what you say you’re going to do.  Plus you better have a solid plan. Here are 3 ways to help you plan for success:
    • The first way you can prepare for success is with a Copywriting Action Plan which helps you determine what you need to write (my free report helps you get clear on this).
    • Once you’ve developed a Copywriting Action Plan, your second step is to create a Content Strategy Plan (this is the how you’ll strategically use your copy and reach your business goals and I do offer a few of these month).
    • Third, you’ll eventually need a publicity plan (or a press release strategy and this should be a regular part of your efforts not a fly-by-night — hit or miss attempt) to help you spread your word and get the recognition you deserve.
    Without a plan you really don’t know where you’re going. That’s why planning your copywriting needs, developing a strategy and finding the right support is so important.  If you fail to give your word enough thought and you don’t take the time to grasp how TRULY important your copy is, your efforts could be less than effective. Here’s more on why this is important.

One of my favorite analogies comes from my colleague, Lorrie Morgan-Ferrero. She professes that copy is the DNA of all marketing materials and she is so right. Imagine stripping away the words from any broadcast radio or televisions script, print ad, brochure, website, billboard, business card… well, you get the idea.

As you imagine advertising, marketing and promotional pieces without words you begin to realize how important carefully crafting your copy really is. Once you grasp how important copy is, you’re able to begin the process of crafting your Copywriting Action Plan and from there you take it a step farther and create a Content Strategy Plan and from there you’re generally ready for some publicity, too. It’s a process but it all begins with your word and the right partner to help you accurately portray your word.
    • Do you have a Copywriting Action Plan?
    • Have you developed your Content Strategy Plan?
    • Are you really ready for publicity?
    Take some time to give this some thought because remember, your copy is your word. Do you stand by your word? Is it as effective as it should be?
    Get more tips by claiming your complimentary Copywriting Action Plan here.

17 responses to “3 Ways Your Word Can Help You Plan for Business Success”

1. Lisa ~

Being the beneficiary of your high-value, highly focused/comprehensive content stratgey plan, what you share here is so invaluable (I wish more folks knew just how important your work is to their growth and profits).

Thank you for all that you do and for another wonderful post (as always)!

Jennifer
      .-= Jennifer Longmore´s last blog ..Three Ways to Boost Your Goals =-.

Jennifer,

You are welcome and appreciated. And your comment reminds me that I need to do a better job of letting people know how I can truly serve them. It’s a never ending process to fine-tune our messages, products and offerings.

Thanks for the kind words and opportunity to support you and your vision.

I think the content strategy plan you mention is the least used by business owners, but yet it can create more demand for your products and services.

4. Lisa You are so Write on that content and your word is key. I truly think that with the growth of the internet words have begun to take an even stronger hold on our brand and in business than they did a decade ago. Your information is relevant and timely!
      Heidi Alexandra

You are correct and the process I use is BLOWING the minds of many entrepreneurs. They truly didn’t realize how easy it can be to have a plan in place to organize marketing content.

Heidi,

I agree. It’s interesting to see who is really leveraging their word and standing behind it. :)

7. Lisa you are the go-to-girl for making marketing feel simple.
      every time I read one of your articles, blog posts or newsletters I feel like I learn something and am able to put the big job of running a business into simple steps that feel doable!

Thank you for your ongoing inspiration

Thanks so much. I’m honing this gift and am making some real impact with my Content Strategy Plans. It’s a great way to embrace the big picture while creating manageable action steps that bring tangible results. :)

9. Hi Lisa,
      Great post. What can I write – when you’ve written it ALL!!

Dr. Patty Ann

10. Lisa, as a recipient of your talent in copy for press releases, I truly appreciate your specialized knowledge when it comes to wording. My eyebrows raised at the statement ‘content strategy plan’. Now that’s key!
      Thanks again for educating us.
      Lynn
      .-= Get Clear Goals with Lynn Moore´s last blog ..7 Pleasing Activity or Pleasing Goal Results =-.

11. Lisa
      Mmmm…a Copywriting Action Plan is not something I had thought of even though I need help with copywriting – interesting and is certainly getting me thinking along these lines.
      Having seen the benefits of doing a press release (thanks to your great support!) I’m certain the Copywriting Action Plan would be as beneficial

I never realized how important copy was to building a business until I began my online presence. Before I used mostly my mouth to get my business across…but moving online the only way your customers can really connect with you is through the written WORD. Thank you so much for your gift to all of us.
      Kiyla Fenell
      .-= Kiyla Fenell´s last blog ..How To Pay Your Staff =-.

13. Lisa,
      I don’t really know of any business owner that likes to write their own marketing material. Thank goodness there is a stud “ette” out there like you!
      Dr. Robert Fenell

Your approach to describing all of these methods as plans and strategies is so Write On! It is exactly how every area of business should look. For the areas in copy and Press Releases you are the woman for the job!
      Thanks for a great post,
      Mitch
      .-= Mitch Tublin´s last blog ..R Sargent Shriver did he know or have a business strategy =-.

Kiyla,

You are welcome and you’ve been doing an excellent job using word of mouth via your videos, too. It’s all part of the strategy but you must alway plan your word for maximum impact and results.

Thanks so much for your support. So many people fail to realize how important planning and strategy really is when it comes to your word. :)

Dr. Fennel,

Yes, loving to write is a true blessing for me and for my clients. I am grateful every day. :)