• Press releases aren’t just for the media anymore. In this Manyonpressrelease Marketing Makeover you’ll discover how press releases can help your marketing mix.

• Do you regularly share your gifts with the world?
    • Are you leveraging your talents to gain credibility?
    • Do you know that you can get more clients and make it easier for customers to find you online with a press release marketing strategy?

Watch this quick video and be sure to share your press release success stories below the video (you can improve your press release marketing in under a minute…).

If you haven’t already, it’s time for you to start your press release marketing strategy.

While it’s true that press releases should be a vital part of your marketing efforts there’s a specific formula you must follow. You can apply some of the various copywriting techniques I’ve shared in previous Manyon Marketing Makeover but press releases should not be too salesy or they’ll quickly find their way into the round filing systems (otherwise known as the garbage can in the offline world) or worse yet, if done incorrectly you’ll be considered a press release SPAMMER.

Have you already incorporated press release marketing into your marketing mix? If so, share your success stories here or feel free to ask questions if you’re not sure how to get started (just post a comment and I’ll respond) or incorporate them into your mix?

Oh, and be sure to take the Write On Creative Press Release Producer for spin today — it’s on me — just make sure you know the proper formatting and you have a press release marketing strategy before you get started… Press Release Producer

28 responses to “Manyon Marketing Makeover ~ Press Release Marketing”

1. Thanks for the reminder, Lisa! I just love the voice on your video — very IMPRESSIVE!! 😉 Write on, Lady! ?

Hi Katherine,

Thanks so much. I created the series of Manyon Marketing Makeovers and booked time on a sound stage to work on my stage fright (I’m more comfortable being behind the scenes rather than in front of the camera but working on that).

So, have you worked on any press releases lately?

3. Ellen Martin says:

Hi Lisa,

What a great video! I have never written a press release and to be honest the thought terrifies me. In addition to not really knowing where to begin, I have had a problem with self promotion. But things are really kicking around here and I’d like to get the word about what I’m doing.

Looking forward to the next Manyon Makeover video!

Ellen

4. Lisa
      Really good advice and I love your very professional video!

Thanks so much, Trudy.

So….are you working on any press releases?

6. Hi Lisa,

I love the way you created this video to feel like a newsflash~ nicely done!

Writing press releases is something often overlooked because it seems that people would only do it if they are a celebrity or hosting a special event.

What I really got out of your video is the fact that we can write press releases in our businesses often. The art is finding interesting angles to discuss our business so it can become newsworthy.

That is exactly right and there is another form of press release called a tip sheet. I can see you using tip sheets to help infuse creativity into the masses and provide media outlets with great material for stories.

8. Lisa,
      You made me think about what I am accomplishing – what a concept! Sometimes I’m too busy to give it much thought. Great reminder!

Hi Linda,

Yes, you have great things brewing. Cannot wait for you to share your gifts with the world so you can help more people embrace wealth.

You are such an inspiration.

10. Anita G. Wheeler says:

What a great video and SO professional. You are such an inspiration and I love reading all of your awesome marketing tips for entrepreneurs building their businesses.

You ROCK my dear!

Hi Anita,

Thanks so much. My ad agency background where I played in all mediums really pays off sometimes. 😉

I love your videos, they have kind of a retro feel to them. And you do speak so well in them. As usual, great info!

Hi Sue,

Thanks so much. That means a lot coming from you. :) I have quite a bit of experience writing scripts and helping direct videos and tv spots.

Ellen,

It’s really common to have trepidation around press release but I can help simplify that for you. It’s not as scary as it seems and a simple shift in the way you think about it can make a HUGE difference.

If you haven’t already heard this episode of The Quantum Leap Radio, you might want to listen in to my philosophies on press releases– this could just make the process much easier for you http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thequantumleap/2010/03/15/no-cost-to-low-cost-press-release-strategies-lisa-manyon-joins-the-quantum-leap

Feel free to ask any questions you might have. I’m happy to support you.

15. Lisa, I admire your talents so much. Even though I am a writer, I can’t imagine writing the projects that you write. Such a different type of writing and one that takes huge talent to do it right. I have such appreciation for what you do.
      BTW, the Press Release Producer will definitely be going for a spin wth me!
      Thanks again for your brilliance.
      Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Yes, copywriting is a skill that many people undervalue and also underestimate the importance of. :) Press releases are crafted with a different formula, too. And, it makes a huge difference in results when you invest in someone who has mastered the craft. :)

I feel very blessed to do what I do and your support is appreciated. Let me know how the Press Release Producer works for you.

17. Lisa — this video is fantastic. Actually, all of your Manyon Marketing Minute videos are awesome. So well done! I can speak from personal experience that you are the bomb when it comes to PR and website makeovers. I need to turn my attention to press releases, but of course, I’m just going to have you do them for me! :-)
      xo
      Jessica

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much. It’s always a pleasure supporting the business goals of other savvy entrepreneurs. After all, we are all here to share out gifts with the world and in turn help more people. I cannot wait to help you spread your good news with press releases.

18. Well, clearly I need to develop a strategy in this area. Thanks for the reminder!

19. I like your description ‘the round filing system’. That was funny. This is a great concept I have never used, although now I am very interested in incorporating. I can definitely see the benefits to using press releases. Thank you for giving me one more tool I can use to grow my business.
      Dr. Robert Fenell

Dr. Fenell,

There are some really great ways you can incorporate press releases to get “ink” (print in trade journals, newspapers and more). For you I see Tip Sheet Press Releases. This is something I haven’t yet blogged about but will add it to my list.

I am totally ‘digging’ the whole ’60 minutes’ feel to your video. Well done! You are such a professional.
      Kiyla

Kiyla,

Thanks so much — the Manyon Marketing Makeovers really are timeless, breaking business news. 😉 I’m glad you enjoyed the video. More to come.

21. I love your new video Lisa! I am getting closer to identifying exactly where I want to start with press release marketing. Of course, I will be turning to Manyon Marketing Makeover to do it for me.

Hi Christine,

This is great news. Once you have your big picture strategy in place it’s much easier to chunk your plan down into manageable steps.

I’m happy to help when you are ready. :)

Nice job on your new video. Short and sweet and right to the point.
      Plus very pro look and sound. Always great info on your site, thanks.

Lisa – Great new video! Did you use a green screen for this or something else? Very professionally done! Also, great info…as always!

Phil

Thanks Phil,

No green screen. Shot on location at Digital Buddha Studios in Minnesota.

Glad you enjoyed the info.